"O Lord! I beg you. I beg you Lord. Please let me win this fair maiden's heart. I plea with you. I can not have a moment without her appearing in my thoughts. She is consuming by night. I have not had a pleasant night since she came around. My heart beats for her and her alone. There is no one else in my mind that bring joy to my life than her. She is the only one that think of. My days are fill of wonders about the next time I will see her lovely smile. There is no other moment in my day that I can not wait for than that glance that she gives me. O my heart. It aches and beats slower when I am away from her. God guard her. For I will bring myself to her one of these days." The lonely romantic prayed to The God of all.
In the other side of the village this fair maiden, as the lonely romantic would call her, is out and about with other men. She fills her heart with nothing more than meaningless flirts and glances by other brutes. As the lonely romantic goes off to sleep and dreams of the next time she will give him a smile, she gets drunk and farther breaks her own heart and starts to lose her true self.
As morning dawns, the lonely romantic wakes up with a smile brighter than the sun. Gives a small and meaningful pray to the Father.
"O Father. O Father. Thank you for these day. Thank you for blessing my day to begin in such a wonderful and wondrous way. The sun shining as bright as it does and the bird singing songs and praises to you. You are great and might. You capture my heart day by day. There is no moment that you have me wandering alone. You are good. You are my life. God. God, I hope I get to see the fair maiden. I hope she will lend me a smile to keep me going through the day. She is a wonder. A wonder that you have created. I hope she slept pleasant. Bring her a great day. Make this day great for all here in your village. Hosanna, Hosanna. I pray to you, my Lord." The lonely romantic prayed to The Father.
As he went to work at the blacksmith's shop. He passed by where the fair maiden would be, but she was not there. He wonder to himself "Where can she be? I hope she is not ill. I will stop at her home to see if she is ill and attend to her."
She was ill. Ill from drinking to much and lying with other brutes. If the lonely romantic would find her in this most unpleasant state. It will break his heart. It will break him, for he put his faith upon her and was not true to the god that he said he served.
In this village there was a plant. This plant was well known in this village. The plant had some special effect to it. It could make your dreams be as real as life itself. Give you pleasure and all the more. It could bring a smell to your gloomy sorrowed life. People stayed away from it, because it is said that a touch of this plant would give you cravings for more and you would die if you did not have some more.
The fair maiden never had touch nor felt the effects of this plant till that night. She did not make it. She lied there as dead as the heart of the lonely romantic, who will find her there all alone. All those brutes had there way with her and left her dead. They did not bother to find some help for her. She lied there with a tear in her eye. A tear that she will never cry out in joy or in sadness. This fair maiden was not bad; she was just looking for some fun in a village that worked day by day. She want to live life and bring a smile to everyone. She did really cared for the lonely romantic. She was caught up in the moment and the brutes were brutes.
These brutes had no care for anyone, but for themselves. They lived just to fill their stomachs and have whomever they wanted. They came to village to village bring their heartless heart and corrupting the hearts of some. They did everything that they felt to be fine. They hurt the hearts of many. But, no one would stand up to them, for they were not afraid of killing. They were cold and came from the darkest parts of the forest. Where the legend of The Great Void lies. They were no heartfelt people.
The day was coming to an end and the lonely romantic was finishing up with a pair of horse shoes. As he finished he started to think that in just moments it will be that he will be seeing the fair maiden. Her smile as bright as the sun. O, he can not wait. His heart starts to beat first as the minutes become less and less to the moment that he will be dismiss to go home, but instead of home. He will go off to the fair maiden's home to give her a visit. He is glad. He is happy. He is springing with joy. It might be the day that he tells her how he feels about her.
The blacksmith looks at the lonely romantic's smile and said to him "Boy! What are you so happy for? Is there a maiden in your life." The lonely romantic could not hold on to his joy and told with great joy "Yes. Yes there is. She makes me smile with every glances she gives me. O, there are days filled with thoughts of her. When we are talking... It is like all of time stops. There is no moment like the ones when I am with her. She is kind hearted. She makes life seem so beautiful and meaningful." The blacksmith stops him in the middle of his joyfulness. "Boy. Be careful to not bring your heart to worship her. It is important to remember that The Lord is where our heart should lie. Remember that she is human and she will hurt. But, I will pray that she does not. I will pray that both of you have a great evening. I hear that tonight the stars will be falling. Tell her then, when the falling stars cover the sky with their beautiful fires. It will make a joyful moment." The lonely romantic with smile great and big, because he is thinking of what the blacksmith just told he then and said to the blacksmith "That sound great. I will tell her then. O bother. " The blacksmith asked with some concern in his voice "What is the matter?" The lonely romantic said "Well, she was not at work this morning. I think she might be ill. I hope she is not and she will be able to go out in the fields tonight to se the falling stars." The lonely romantic looked a little concerned. The blacksmith looked at him and said "I hope she is not ill, but will. Go on. Go and see her." The lonely romantic ran off to go and see her. Not knowing that she has passed and no one has gone to her yet. He will be the first one to find her dead. This will break his heart. O his heart. O his heart.
He noticed that door was open and goes in to find her. "Fair maiden? Fair maiden? I have finish with work today. I was wondering if you wanted to go and see the falling stars tonight. It will be a grand time. O it will be beautiful..." He stopped in mid sentence. He found her naked and dead. He went up to her to feel a pulse. "No. No. No! No! NO! No. You can not be dead. You can not pass. Wake up. Wake up! Please wake up." A tear falls from his eye. He starts to weep. A neighbor near by come in to see if he can help. "Boy? What happen?" The neighbor asked. "I came in and found her dead. She can not die. I love her. I was going to tell her how felt about her tonight." Tears continue to fall from the lonely romantic. The neighbor looks around and see a pouch that looks like the trade of the brutes. "It where the brutes. The brute got her drunk and drugged and then had their way with her." sadness in the voice of the neighbor.
The funeral was today. Her family there weeping. Her neighbors weeping as well. The lonely romantic angry. Fire in his eyes. He starts to think of vengeance. "They will pay. She was innocent. She was my fair maiden."
He was filled with love and joy. Filled with life. Consumed by romance. This lonely romantic is no more a romantic, but vengeful. He is now a knight. A knight on a quest. To rid all of these brutes and find the ones that killed his beloved. The lonely knight of vengeance.
No comments:
Post a Comment