There in the darkness I stand in the nothingness that I built. I turn to look what was behind and nothing, but the dark cold lonely feeling of my life passing away. I am weathering away into nothing more than I memory, but yet my heart is beating. I am not gone, but I am. I am lost in this great empty world that is filled with nothing more than darkness. I should just sit in the darkness and wait for death to cover me. Fill my lungs with nothing. Take away everything. I need none of it. It is all going to decay and become the dust that which I am in the process. My progress to the other world will be painful. Well, at least I think it should be. There is nothing for me.
I turn to look behind me again and I something familiar. It is warm and safe. What is this memory? It is of me, as a little boy. It is when I found out that my parents died in a car crash. I start feel, what I felt then allover again. The pain. The hurt. The loneliness. But, why was it warm and safe? This is not safe. This is not warm. I miss you, mom and dad. I remember the days we spent in the living room living our lives. Watching TV. Playing games. Bring to life idea for a vacation. Oh, I have been having a hard time here without you guys. I feel so alone. I feel like a leper. I feel like that everyone wants me out of their lives. That there is no hope for me to find hope in this world. There is nothing more than a void.
In depths of my soul, I hear a voice and it said to me "Son. Son, why are you so sad? Why is there no hope for you? You are still the little boy that I raised. I know you still have that look of wonder in your heart. Not all is lost in you. Life is hard, but I know you. You will see the beauty in everything. There is no more void. It is a lie, conjured deep inside to make believe that you are a leper. A leper? You are not a leper. You are my son that I love deeply."
I start to break down to tears and I scream "Why did you die? Why did you leave me here all alone with no one to help me live? There is nothing here. No one cares. They rather do things for themselves and not for each other. No one cares about anyone. Why must I care? I want to die. Take me with you. I do not want to be here. Life is not just hard, but it is decaying and there is not one person that wants to except that. Denial is the cure for everything. Why must I want to help and yet have no one to help me? I am not asking for the world, but you. Please be here with me or let me go with you."
Light start to come out of this great void and then the voice said "Son..... You are there for those very reasons. You do care and you want to help. That is why you are there. I will be here, but I am still there with you. Never feel alone. I love you my son. You are the world to me. You can change the hearts of man and bring to life an idea that is deep inside of you."
The light starts to shine on the trees around me. The void started to get some form to it. I feel the warmth and safety of the voice's words. I, now know why that tragic moment is warm and safe. The people around me that cared for me and were there for me. I start to feel that there are people in my life that do care.
I speak towards the light "I miss you, but I will not give up living. I will live for you guys. I will live on and make something out of nothing. There is still hope. Hope can be found. Love, it can defeat all that is in the void. Nothing can stand before something that is greater than itself. I care, because I believe. I believe that people can change and that you want to. They want to believe in giants and Titans. I will live for them as well....... Thank you for reminding me what life is about. It is not about me, but for others. Thank you."
The voice said to me "I believe in you my son. Never feel alone. Keep hope in your heart and the wind to your back and let it below you toward the world's unknown. You will do something with nothing. I will always love you."
The light is gone and I am standing in the park by the pond. I smile towards the heavens and believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment