Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Darkness Rises and Falls

There in the darkness I lie. Nothing more to fight. There's no more fight in my soul. There in the darkest part of my mind; I learned the meaning of darkness. It is where all soldiers come and die. I am close to it, but there is still something in me that wants to struggle to live. As I look down to where my sword was. As the blood drips from my very body. As I realize that the darkness is coming over my soul. The pain settles in. Oh! The pain of knowing death is coming. It is not death that scares me, but knowing my end is now. That frightens me. I pullout a blade from my side. More blood is spilled. I get up from the blood soaked ground. Dirt, sweat, and blood all over me. The battle lost on our part, but yet I feel the need to fight; to save what little I have. I know this will be my end. I could now only see what is in front of me. The darkness is caving my sight. I see one of the beast toward my left. To my right. They stab into my back. I yell out a roar like a lion. "You will not have my end today." I fight and I bleed. I bleed. I bleed. My strength is fading away into the great void. Soon they will have my end. Long as there is a little light left; I will fight with hope. Hope that I will see another day.

Hope to see my future. To have a future. But, I feel this darkness to be too much for me. How can I, a mere man, fight all these beasts. A thought conjures itself. A memory before I became a warrior; when I was a Student of the Law as I swing my sword to the right and to the left to fight off the beasts around my soul, my life, and this body of mine. It was of my master, Dr. Lewis, he told me that "End of a man's life....... God will give you strength. Strength that you have never seen before. He will come through. Always. He will be there and give you what you need. He is greater than you can ever imagine. Trust in Him and your enemies will fall to there knees."

An arrow hit my left arm. It hurts. A tear falls from my eye. A blood soak tear. I really need you, God. My strength is leaving this body of mine. I cannot handle anymore pain. I know that the battle is lost. We will not see victory. Victory is fading away. Soon there will be just a few of us. I look around to see who, on our side is still alive. Sir David, The Knight of Hollowfalls, MacDonald, Hart, and our commander, John, Duke of Evergreen. John looks at all of us and says words that inspires us in the depths of our souls, "Men. There is just a few of us left. But, we are strong, because He is strong. These beast will die here, even if it means our end. They will not pass to the villages beyond the mountains. We will show them that we maybe human and they maybe beasts, but will have the Lord on our side. We fight for a reason. Not to feed and destroy. We do not know where these ungodly creatures come from, but they will know that a few of us can fight off an army of them. They will know why the Father loves us. Despite all of our shortcomings. We rise and rise and rise. To find that we are stronger than what we seem, because we fight for our love ones. And God knows this and loves that we love. So, men! Are we going to let these beasts of darkness pass us!" We all shout "No!" "Are we going to died silently in the night!" He shouts to all of us trying to put faith back in us. We shout again "No!"

The men were filled with strength and hope and faith that we are going to send these creatures of evil back to where they came from. There is only hundred left, but it seem like a endless wave. One by one, we start to fall and die. I tell my self "Come on. Fight a little bit more. God give me strength."

Soon, there was just The Knight of Hollowfalls, Sir David, John, and myself. Then just The Knight of Hollowfalls, John, and I. We fight and fight. Just a hand full of them left. About a twenty. Ten. Five. By this time, one of the beast came behind John, our commander, stabbed him in the back and ripped his head from his body. Before that he gave a look. A look that said "Do not loose." There is just a few. Just a few." I look around and see that The Knight of Hollowfalls died. I retreat to the bridge.

There is only two of them. I feel my strength fleeting away. And they know this. They sense that my end is just moments away. I look toward the heavens and pray. "Father! Creator of all. I plea with you to give me strength to defeat these evil and vile creatures. But, if not. Please! I beg you to not let them pass this bridge. Please end this war here and now." The light has fled away. Only darkness remained. My sight is gone now.

I felt the breathe of one of the beast against of face. The smell of death. I opened my eyes and I saw it and it seemed exhausted. I reach deep within myself for what little strength I have left and ripped its head from its body. One left. Just one. It jumps towards me. I am at the edge of the cliff. I grab it and we both fall. I stab it in its heart, killing it. None left.

I close my eye and embrace the light. The darkness is gone. Only light remains. Before I fell to my death; another thought comes up, of Dr. Lewis in his studies and he tells me "You know that I do not have any sons of my own. But, if I did come to have any. I hope they end up like you. You... I believe in the depth of soul... That you will be a great man and do great things. That is why God still believes in us. At least, that is what I believe. You are made for great things. I know without you there could be a chance that we will cease. I pray that God keeps an eye on you. You are good." I embrace all of what life has given me and embrace my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment